Hon. Rauf Aregbesola
Honourable Minister of Interior
The mandate of the Ministry is fostering the maintenance of internal security and citizenship integrity for the promotion of good governance.
To provide complementary internal security service in accordance with international best practice.
To render to Nigerians and foreigners alike, diverse internal security and other ancillary services that are highly qualitative, efficient, courteous and transparent.
The Ministry has undergone several structural changes both in functions and nomenclature and today the Ministry of Interior is responsible for:
• Granting of Nigerian Citizenship;
• Consular and Immigration Services;
• Granting of Business Permits and Expatriate quotas;
• Co-ordination of National /Independence Day Celebrations;
• Reformation and re-integration of inmates;
• Security of lives and properties;
• Management of National emergencies;
• Recruitment of officers and men of the Prisons Service, Immigration Service, Fire Service and the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps; and
• Managing the retirement benefits of retirees of Paramilitary Services under its supervision.
Nigeria Immigration Service
Nigeria Prisons Service
Nigeria Federal Fire Service
Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corp
Nigerian Police Force
Civil Defence, Immigration and Prisons Services Board (CDIPB)